Men not Mining – 2017 Calendar
Fundraising campaign for KAMAG
- 12 month Calendar showcasing men from Whangapoa, Matarangi, Kuaotunu, Otama and Opito Bays who stand against mining intruding into our community.
- Each image will capture local men in their natural surroundings, their personalities/characters and will depict a strong message about how mining could potentially affect many industries, hobbies and our environment.
- It is hoped that these images will then provoke thought and emotions related to the potential impact mining will have in our community, will stimulate people to become further informed and become involved in future campaigns etc.
- These images will be tasteful but quirky, some will have men semi naked but will not show any body parts in a distasteful way. Other photos may have men clothed for example wearing black singlet’s, stubies and gumboots, for a farming shot. (Iconic kiwi style)
- Each Calendar page will also have a caption / statement encouraging people to think about potential impact not only on a personal basis but for the wider community. Ie Lukes Kitchen “there’s no dough in mining”
- Sponsorship will be sought from local business to support the production of the Calendar and each sponsor (which may include general public members) will be listed on the back page.
- Business and general public will also have the opportunity to purchase dates in the calendar to celebrate or advertise local events
- There will be aprox 30 images taken and will be used for future exhibition purposes. Each image will be framed, signed with attached slogan and will go up for Auction.
- There may also be a simple interview captured on film asking each participant to answer a question related to their views on mining. This footage may be used for future exhibition purposes or creation of film.
- The funds from the sale of the calendar will go towards anti mining efforts in our community.
- They will be on sale before Christmas
Launch Party – Date yet to be confirmed but likely to be Saturday December 3rd, 7pm – Midnight at the Kuaotunu Hall
Wine and Cheese evening, auction and Calendar sales, Live music
The fundraising group will also hold an information day at the Ktown hall in January to also encourage bach goers, holiday makers, and community people to become more informed. It is hoped that both current and historical images, footage, information will be displayed at this event. Cake stall, raffles etc. We welcome Watchdog and Greenspot members to also include information to share at this event.
Jannine Verner and Flea Witters
Men not Mining Calendar Coordinators